Zona Sur (+34) 922 796 724 | Centro (+34) 922 274 260 despacho@melrodabogados.com

Non residents taxes


We advise our foreign clients on the fulfilment of their tax obligations in our country, taking responsibility for the preparation, filing and monitoring of the returns for the different taxes:

  • Income. Regardless of whether your property is rented out or not, the rents deriving from it are subject to non-residents’ income tax, although there is a different form of tax treatment from one case to another.
  • Property Tax (PT): This is a direct tax that is levied on the value of properties. It is calculated directly by the Council where the property is located and is of an annual nature. The payment is usually made by direct debit.
  • Reports for the settlement of the Inheritance and Gifts Tax.

If you wish we can undertake your tax representation with the bodies of the Tax authority although it would have a totally voluntary character as there is no legal obligation to grant it.